Spinach Mushroom Sabzi, Palak Mushroom Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21082 times
The Spinach Mushroom Subzi is a luxuriant dish that vibrates with the effect of spices, whole and ground. The contrasting textures of mushrooms and spinach make the subzi a delight to chew while the addition of fresh cream gives it a lusciously rich mouth-feel.
You must take care not to over-cook the mushrooms as they will shrink and lose their nice texture. A range of spices and spice powders come together with ingredients like ginger, garlic, tomatoes and onions to give this dish its remarkable flavour and aroma.
Serve it hot with Aloo Paratha , Paneer Kulcha or Naan .
- Boil 4 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, add the spinach and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Drain and keep aside to cool completely. Once cooled blend in a mixer into a smooth mixture without using any water.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the cumin seeds, cloves, bay leaf, garlic paste, ginger paste and green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach mixture, dried fenugreek leaves, garam masala, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the fresh cream, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.