Pizza Sauce, Home Made Pizza Sauce Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 235 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 74166 times
A classic Italian recipe. This is a blend of harmonious flavors of ripe tomatoes with onion, peppercorns and oregano.
I often make large quantities of this sauce when tomatoes are in season and freeze it in an air-tight container. That way I am always ready to serve Pizzas in a hurry.
You can use this recipe for a pasta sauce. Dilute the sauce using water and add 2 tablespoons fresh cream to mellow the sauce a little and toss cooked pasta in it. You can add your favourite herbs too, like a few leaves of basil.
- Make criss-cross on the base of the tomatoes and place them in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or till the skin begins to peel.
- Drain the tomatoes, cool slightly, peel, deseed and roughly chop them and blend in a mixer to a smooth pulp. Keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared tomato pulp, oregano, chilli flakes, tomato ketchup, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Store in an air- tight container and use as required.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.