Veg Stuffed Cheesy Pizza Balls
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4791 times
The thrilling experience of biting into a pizza, complete with juicy veggies, tongue-tickling sauces, gooey cheese and appetising seasonings, is packed into a handy form in this exciting snack!
The Veg Stuffed Cheesy Pizza Ball is an absolutely exciting snack made by stuffing garlic-tinged dough with a saucy, cheesy veggie mixture, brushing it with more herbs and seasonings and baking it with a topping of cheese.
The end product is pizza ball that greets you with a flavourful and cheesy outer surface, which gradually gives way to succulent buns, with umpteen delightful ingredients at its core. Just trying saying ‘no’ to this one, and you will repent it for ever!
You can also try other recipes like Dough Balls or Pizza Sauce .
- Combine the yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp warm water in a bowl, mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, yeast-sugar mixture, oregano, olive oil, garlic paste and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water.
- Cover with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Knead again, place the dough on a dusted flat surface and roll into a 300 mm. X 200 mm. (12” x 8”) rectangle.
- Cut into 8 equal pieces using a sharp knife.
- Take a portion, place it on a clean, dry surface put 1 tsp of pizza sauce in the centre.
- Put 1 tsp of coloured capsicum over it.
- Place a cube of mozzarella cheese and finally sprinkle ¼ tsp of oregano evenly over it.
- Now bring all the sides together and seal it and roll again lightly to form a ball.
- Repeat steps 6 to 9 to stuff 7 more balls.
- Place all the stuffed balls in a greased 175 mm. (7”) aluminum round tin.
- Cover with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Remove the damp muslin cloth, and brush all the stuffed balls with the milk, dried mixed herbs, dry chilli flakes and finally cheese evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per ball
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.