Paneer, Cheese and Chilli Parathas
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 267 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 56488 times
The right combination of paneer and processed cheese makes all the difference in this scrumptious Paneer, Cheese and Chilli Parathas. Although both are cheeses, they vary in texture, taste and properties, and when mixed together and cooked inside a paratha, they blend and fuse into a perfect texture that gives an excellent mouth-feel, enhanced by the mild tang imparted by the green chillies and tomatoes that are added to the stuffing. Literally speaking, you will really enjoy this paratha to the core!
- Combine the flours, oil and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll a portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the stufifng in the centre of a circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll again into a circle of 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle with a little plain flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha using a little oil until golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 7 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.