Moru Moru Dosa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 889 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39614 times
When children come home after school in South India and peek into the kitchen to see what is waiting for them, the answer they yearn for is “Moru Moru Dosa” or crisp dosa!
This recipe shows you a quick-fix fermented dosa recipe, which tastes even better than the regular fermented batter dosa and is perfect for After School Treats .
Made with rice flour, semolina and plain flour held together with curds and water, this crispy dosa gets its amazing flavour from an assortment of ingredients like green chillies and coconut, and an aromatic tempering.
Although the amount of batter looks to be too much, you can prepare only 13 dosas with it.
- Combine the rice flour, semolina, plain flour, curds, coconut, coriander, green chillies, salt and
- 4¾ cups of water in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the mixture and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside to ferment in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- After fermentation, add another ½ cup of water and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly using a little oil.
- Sprinkle a little water on it and wipe it off gently using a muslin cloth.
- Pour ½ cup of the batter on it and lightly tilt the tava immediately to make approx. A 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle.
- Smear a little oil on it and along the edges and cook on a medium flame till the dosa turns golden brown in colour and crisp from one side.
- Turn over and cook on another side till it turns light brown in colour.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 12 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with sambhar and coconut chutney.
Nutrient values per dosa
|Vitamin A||66.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.