4 Flour Dosa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 68 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 85700 times
A unique dosa that is made with a fermented batter of soaked and ground urad combined with the right proportions of four readymade flours, the 4 Flour Dosa is super tasty and notably satiating!
Rather than using high glycemic index rice, this sumptuous pancake is made with fibre-rich flours like whole wheat, bajra, jowar and nachni. Since the batter is fermented, it becomes easier to digest, and also gives a nice texture that is both crispy and fluffy.
The 4 Flour Dosa is a wise choice for diabetics, but we recommend having it with a small portion of sambhar only, to avoid excess fat from coconut chutney.
For a tasty and diabetic friendly breakfast, lunch and dinner menu, check out our collection of Diabetic recipes .
- Combine the urad dal and fenugreek seeds in a deep bowl and soak it for 2 hours in enough water.
- Drain well and blend in a mixer till smooth using approx. ¾ cup of water.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the bajra flour, jowar flour, nachni flour, whole wheat flour, salt and approx. 1¾ cups of water and mix very well using a whisk. Cover with a lid and keep aside to ferment overnight.
- Next day, mix very well again.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a muslin cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 200 mm. (8”) diameter thin circle.
- Smear ¼ tsp of oil over it and along the edges and cook on a medium flame till the dosa turns brown in colour and crisp from both the sides.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 11 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with sambhar.
4 Flour Dosa Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dosa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.