Mini Cashew Idlis in Milagai Podi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11794 times
This peppy cocktail snack features cashew-studded idlis coated with spicy milagai podi. Adding spiced cashews to the idli batter gives the idlis a nice peppy crunch, while tossing it with milagai podi raises the spice quotient.
Milagai Podi is a South Indian spice powder made of red chillies, which is so fiery that it is often called ‘gun powder’! It is considered a classic accompaniment for idlis. It is a good idea to make the idlis in a handy mini size, so that it will easy to pop one into your mouth!
Mini Cashew Idlis in Milagai Podi is good to have as an evening tea-time snack too. If you are serving to kids, make just the cashew-studded idlis, without tossing it in the spice powder.
- Combine the idli batter, cashews and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Put a little batter into each greased mini idli mould and steam in a steamer for 10 minutes or till the idlis are cooked.
- Cool slightly, demould and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the malagpodi and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the idli and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per mini idli
|Vitamin A||2.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.