Mexican Bread Rolls
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 712 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 125176 times
Well, you would have tasted Mexican food in many forms such as tortillas and quesadillas. Here is a much simpler snack that nevertheless has an unmistakable Mexican touch to it.
The Mexican Bread Rolls feature bread, deep-fried with a filling of sweet corn, capsicum and cheese bound with milk and flour, and flavoured with red chilli flakes.
Serve fresh and hot, with tomato ketchup, for a succulent snack that everybody will enjoy.
Enjoy how to make Mexican Bread Rolls recipe with detailed step by step photos below.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously till no lumps remain or till the sauce turns thick.
- Add the corn, capsicum, cheese, chilli flakes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the mixture into another bowl and keep aside.
- Remove the crust from all the bread slices and roll each slice with help of a rolling pin.
- Apply some water at the edges of a bread slice.
- Place ½ tbsp of the filling in the centre of the bread slice, roll it up tightly and press the edges well to seal the stuffing.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 10 more bread rolls.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and deep-fry the mexican bread rolls, a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain the mexican bread rolls on absorbent paper and serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Mexican Bread Rolls Video
Nutrient values per bread roll
|Vitamin A||117.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||7.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.