Mexican French Fries Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6101 times
French Fries – that’s all that is predictable about this recipe, which is totally new, totally mouth-watering, totally mind-blowing!
In the Mexican French Fries, regular potato fries are given an awesome Mexican touch by bathing them with a chunky salsa and gooey cheese sauce.
In every bite, make sure you get a mix of all three in, because the combination is really too good. One thing about this recipe is that you need to make both the French fries and the cheese sauce just before serving and not in advance.
The French Fries if made too early will get soggy, while the cheese sauce will become thick.
If you are short of time and have to make the cheese sauce in advance, add some milk and boil for a minute before using it. The salsa can be made in advance if required.
You can also try other recipes like Spicy Creamy French Fries or French Fries Topped with Pizza Sauce .
- Heat the oil for deep-frying in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry the french fries a few at a time till they turn golden brown and crisp in colour. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper evenly over it and toss well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli flakes, tomato ketchup and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the cheese melts, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Place the deep-fried french fries on a serving plate and pour the prepared cheese sauce and salsa evenly over it.
- Top it with chilli flakes and oregano evenly over it.
- Serve immediately.
Mexican French Fries Video
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.