Guacamole Onion Rings
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7681 times
Guacamole Onion Rings is a snack-lover’s dream come true! Onion rings with a guacamole filling are coated in batter, rolled in bread crumbs and deep-fried till fabulously crisp. Guacamole is a famous Mexican dip made of avocado and other lip-smacking ingredients like onions, tomatoes, garlic and coriander. It complements the pungency of onions beautifully, resulting in a mind-blowing snack, which can even be served as an exotic starter at parties .
You need to however handle the onion rings a bit tactfully. You must freeze the guacamole layered onion rings, and remove them from the freezer only after you have all the other ingredients ready on hand to immediately coat them in batter and deep-fry them. Once they start to thaw, it is impossible to go ahead with the process. If they do start thawing, put them back in the freezer for 10 more minutes till they become hard and then continue.
- Place all the onion rings on a tray lined with aluminium foil.
- Put little of the guacamole mixture in the centre of each onion ring and spread it evenly.
- Put the tray in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Dip each piece in the plain flour-water batter and roll it in bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides. Repeat this procedure once more with each piece.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick deep pan and deep-fry a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per ring
|Vitamin A||66.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||32.9 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.