Indo Mexican Macaroni
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 904 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37803 times
In an unimaginably exciting zone of fusion cuisine, this dish brings together exciting elements from Indian Italian and Mexican cooking! It’s a layered pasta dish, with a cheesy, spicy and tangy flavour.
You can make the cheese balls, macaroni and kidney bean mixture ahead of time, but arrange and bake the Indo Mexican Macaroni just before serving. This will ensure that you get a vibrant flavour and awesomely cheesy, gooey mouth-feel!
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix very well using your hands.
- Divide the mixture into 14 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
- Heat oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry a few balls at a time till they turn brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, tomato ketchup, sugar and salt, mix well while mashing it with the back of a spoon and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the macaroni, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the rajma, chilli powder, tomato ketchup and salt, mix well while mashing it lightly with the back of a spoon and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Put the kidney bean mixture into a baking dish and spread it evenly using the back of a spoon.
- Put the macaroni and spread it evenly using the back of a spoon.
- Place the cheese balls evenly over it.
- Finally sprinkle cheese evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- You can even add a hint of sourness and a tinch of spice to this dish.
- Beat 6 tbsp of cream. Add 2 tsp of lemon juice, 2 tbsp of cheese and ¼ tsp of salt.
- In a greased baking dish, first make a layer of the beans. Next, spread the layer of macaroni. Put the cheese balls on top. Pour the cream over this. Spread ½ cup of cheese and sprinkle ¼ tsp of chilli powder on top. Bake in a hot oven 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.