Masala Baati - Rajasthani Bati
by Nupurs UK Rasoi
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8303 times
Dal-bati is a favourite rajasthani meal, this time i tried a different version by boiling the baatis before cooking them in oven. And then stuffing them with spicy peas mash.
Add your private note
Masala Baati - Rajasthani Bati recipe - How to make Masala Baati - Rajasthani Bati
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hours 5 minutesMakes 6 to 8 servings
- Mix together the flour, semolina, curd, spices and ginger-garlic paste, mix well and knead into semi-stiff dough with enough water.
- Keep aside for 20 minutes covered with wet cloth.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- when the seeds crackle, add the onions and green chilies and saute for 2-3 minutes, till the onion turns brown.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Add tomatoes and spices, mix well and cook covered till the aroma starts coming and tomatoes get v tender.
- Add peas and cook covered for 3-4 minutes till the mixture gets dry enough and the peas absorbed the spices well.
- Keep aside to cool.
- Now, divide the dough into equal balls.
- Roll the balls with hands and fill a part of stuffing inside. Keep rolling the dough ball and close it.
- Cook them in oven or tandoor and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Nupurs UK Rasoi on 21 Aug 2013I am a passionate Food Blogger, amateur Photographer and avid reader. I combine all my life experien...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.