chenna malpua recipe | Rajasthani chenna malpua | chhanar malpua |
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 179 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 111088 times
chenna malpua recipe | Rajasthani chenna malpua | chhanar malpua | with 31 amazing images.
chhanar malpua is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is sure to please everyone. Learn how to make chenna malpua recipe | Rajasthani chenna malpua | chhanar malpua |
Rajasthani chenna malpua is a delicious and sweet Indian dessert made from cottage cheese (chhena), sugar, and spices. It is a popular dish that is often served during festivals and special occasions.
This recipe is for a traditional chenna malpua, but you can also experiment with different flavors and toppings. For example, you could add cardamom, saffron, or rose water to the batter.
chenna malpua is made with a batter of chenna (milk curds) and sugar, and is fried until golden brown. The malpuas are then soaked in a sweet syrup and garnished with nuts.
Tips to make chenna malpua: 1.You can use cow milk also to make the chenna at home. 2. Instead of making chenna you can use readymade paneer to make this chenna malpua. 3. Make sure the sugar syrup should be warm so the malpuas get evenly soaked. 4. You can shallow fry these malpuas in ghee also.
Enjoy chenna malpua recipe | Rajasthani chenna malpua | chhanar malpua |
- Combine the sugar along with 1 cup of water, cardamom powder and a few saffron strands in a broad non-stick pan.
- Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Heat the milk in a deep non-stick pan, add the lemon juice gradually and stir it gently.
- The milk will curdle and the whey will separate.
- Strain it well using a muslin cloth and wash the chenna thoroughly.
- Squeeze out the excess water from the chenna. You will get 1/2 cup chenna.
- To make chenna malpua, in a mixer jar add chenna, plain flour, semolina, fennel powder, nutmeg powder and 11/2 cups milk.
- Blend it well to get a smooth lump free mixture. Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan and pour a ladle full of batter in hot oil to make the malpuas.
- Shallow fry the malpuas on medium flame until it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Remove the malpua and immediately immerse it in the sugar syrup.
- Allow them to soak for approx. 5 minutes.
- Repeat the steps 4 to 6 to make 17 more malpuas.
- Drain the malpua from the sugar syrup and place it on a serving plate.
- Serve the chenna malpuas hot garnished with almonds and pistachios.
Chenna Malpua ( Rajasthani Recipe) recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per chenna malpua
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.