Kesarwale Paneer Kofte ki Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 80 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24128 times
Crisp outside and soft inside, these Paneer Koftas have the distinct flavour of grated ginger and the crunch of cashew nuts, which impart a richness that perfectly matches the gravy that dresses these koftas.
The gravy features a mix of dairy products like milk, cream and curds, which are tinged with saffron and flavoured with whole spices.
A cashew-onion-red chilli paste further enhances the flavour and texture of this luscious gravy, making the Kesarwale Paneer Kofte ki Subzi a luxurious dish that fits into nothing short of grand festive menus!
Make sure you pair it with equally rich Puris , Parathas or Rotis to complete the kingly experience.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a round and roll it in the plain flour.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, and deep-fry the koftas till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the saffron and warm milk in a small bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the bayleaves and cardamom and sauté on a medium flame for 10 seconds.
- Add the prepared paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, curds, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the saffron-milk mixture, garam masala, fresh cream and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes ,while stirring occasionally.
- Place the koftas on a serving plate, pour hot gravy over it and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.