Paneer Koftas in Curd Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 164 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24622 times
The moment you think of paneer kofta, the first thing that comes to mind is tangy tomato gravy. While the koftas do taste awesome when topped with pungent tomato-based sauces, you will be amazed by the brilliance of this unique combination with a curd-based gravy! The mildly-spiced curd gravy thickened with besan complements the succulent paneer koftas very well in taste and texture, while the green peas enhances the visual appeal of the Paneer Koftas in Curd Gravy.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and shape portion into round balls.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry the koftas, a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the curds, besan, turmeric powder, chilli powder and ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curds mixture, green peas, green chillies and salt and mix well. Cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, add the paneer koftas to the curd gravy mix gently and cook on a medium flame for another minute.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.