How many calories does one serving of Paneer Koftas in Curd Gravy have?
One serving of Paneer Koftas in Curd Gravy gives 314 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 54 calories, proteins account for 40 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 220 calories. One serving of Paneer Koftas in Curd Gravy provides about 16 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view Paneer Koftas in Curd Gravy recipe. The moment you think of paneer kofta, the first thing that comes to mind is tangy tomato gravy. While the koftas do taste awesome when topped with pungent tomato-based sauces, you will be amazed by the brilliance of this unique combination with a curd-based gravy! The mildly-spiced curd gravy thickened with besan complements the succulent paneer koftas very well in taste and texture, while the green peas enhances the visual appeal of the Paneer Koftas in Curd Gravy.
Is Paneer Koftas in Curd Gravy healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack. Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
2. Plain flour (maida) : This recipe uses plain flour or maida which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. Read is maida good for you to understand fully.
3.Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
4. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
What's the problem?
1.Deep fried foods : This recipe is deep fried. Any food that is deep fried is not suitable for healthy living. Your fat levels increase as deep frying increases oil absorption. Also when you use the same oil again for deep frying then smoking point decreases which leads to the development of blue smoke which is not good for health. Processed food, Deep Fried Foods also increases inflammation in the body and shuts down the fat burning process. Most diseases from heart, to cardio vascular, diabetes, parkinsons, alzheimer, cancer and obesity result when the cells get inflamed and don't then function correctly. Inflammation in the arteries can cause heart attacks. So your diet should contain foods that fight inflammation in the body. That's how your body gets healthier by eating the right stuff. So you have given the cells in your body the right food to stay healthy and that is so important in staying disease free for the rest of your life.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Paneer Koftas in Curd Gravy?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. This recipe is deep fried. Any food that is deep fried is not suitable for healthy living. Your fat levels increase as deep frying increases oil absorption. Also when you use the same oil again for deep frying then smoking point decreases which leads to the development of blue smoke which is not good for health. Processed food, Deep Fried Foods also increases inflammation in the body and shuts down the fat burning process. Most diseases from heart, to cardio vascular, diabetes, parkinsons, alzheimer, cancer and obesity result when the cells get inflamed and don't then function correctly.
What is a healthier sabzi option ?
Here are some very healthy sabzis like dahi bhindi ki sabzi recipe, chana palak, mushroom mutter masala, mooli ki sabzi recipe, bhindi masala recipe.
Can healthy individuals have Paneer Koftas in Curd Gravy?
Paneer Koftas in Curd Gravy is high in
1. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 314 calories that come from one serving of Paneer Koftas in Curd Gravy?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 34 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 31 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 42 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 54 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual