Paneer Koftas in Spinach Sauce ( Desi Khana)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 576 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28360 times
The spinach sauce used in this recipe is an elaborate one, of spinach purée plumped up with rich ingredients like coconut, cashewnuts, poppy seeds and spices. It happens to be the perfect base for delicate paneer koftas that melt in your mouth.
- Boil ½ cup of water in a kadhai, add the spinach and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, drain and refresh it using cold water.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth purée. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the curds, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the spinach purée, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the oil, in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a small round ball.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the paneer koftas, a few at a time, till they are golden brown in colour from all the sides. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, reheat the spinach gravy, add the koftas to it and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||3287.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||18 mg|
|Folic Acid||66.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.