Paneer Kofta Video
Viewed 402 times
Crisp outside and soft inside, these Paneer Koftas have the distinct flavour of grated ginger and the crunch of cashew nuts, which impart a richness that perfectly matches the gravy that dresses these koftas.
The gravy features a mix of dairy products like milk, cream and curds, which are tinged with saffron and flavoured with whole spices.
Recipe Description for Paneer Kofta, Punjabi Paneer Kofta Curry
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a round and roll it in the plain flour.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, and deep-fry the koftas till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the saffron and warm milk in a small bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the bayleaves and cardamom and sauté on a medium flame for 10 seconds.
- Add the prepared paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, curds, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the saffron-milk mixture, garam masala, fresh cream and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes ,while stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving place the koftas in a serving bowl, pour hot gravy over it and serve immediately.
See step by step images of Paneer Kofta, Punjabi Paneer Kofta Curry Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.