Jowar, Bajra Spring Onion Roti
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 109 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 73620 times
The addition of spring onions gives a peppy twist to this wholesome roti of millet flours. The nice crunch of spring onions, the spicy touch of green chillies, and the zesty notes of Indian masalas make this a tasty treat that none can resist.
At the same time, the Jowar, Bajra and Spring Onion Roti is loaded with a good amount of nutrients like protein, fibre and complex carbohydrates.
It is bound to keep your tummy satiated and happy for a long time, thereby avoiding untimely hunger pangs and unplanned snacking!
Serve the roti right off the tava to celebrate its fresh taste and rustic texture.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle using a little jowar flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti, using ½ tsp of oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make 4 more rotis.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.