Crispy Chocolate Balls
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 70 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 81960 times
Treat your little ones to homemade chocolate balls. These dainty balls get their crunch from the puffed rice and biscuit and sweetness from the jam and chocolate. The coloured vermicelli finish adds to its appeal, tempting children to pick them up.
Kids will also love Walnut and Cashewnut Balls and Peanut Butter Bites .
- Combine the biscuit and puffed rice in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and put into a mixing bowl and make a depression in the centre. Cool completely.
- Heat a small non-stick pan and melt the jam on a slow flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Cool completely.
- Put the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute and mix very well.
- Pour this melted chocolate, jam and coconut in the depression of the puffed rice-biscuit mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture into 15 equal portions and shape them into round balls and roll each ball immediately in the coloured vermicelli till it is evenly coated from all the sides.
- Place into individual paper cups and keep aside to set for at least an hour at room temperature.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per ball
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.