Walnut and Cashewnut Balls
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 46 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24096 times
Finger foods that are handy and yummy are always a huge hit. If they are sweet, then they are unbeatable! Walnut and Cashewnut Balls is one such healthy finger food for kids, made of calcium-rich walnuts and cashews roasted in ghee and bound together with sugar syrup. Do not make the sugar syrup too early as it will not help bind the mixture properly. Make it just before preparing the nut mix.
- Combine the sugar and ¼ cup water in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a slow flame for approx. 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the walnuts and sauté on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the walnuts turn light brown in colour.
- Add the cashewnuts and sauté on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add the prepared sugar syrup, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into a round ball.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per ball
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.