Chola Dal Panki
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20728 times
Chola Dal Panki, this popular Guajarati snack has been tweaked by using chola dal instead of rice flour to increase the protein, iron and fibre content. Adding palak gives a nice green colour and also enhances the fibre, folic acid and vitamin A content, all of which make this dish light and filling too.
Add your private note
Chola Dal Panki recipe - How to make Chola Dal Panki
Soaking time: 3 hours Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
3 hours 25 minutesMakes 15 pankis
- Combine the chola dal, spinach leaves and ½ cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the ginger-green chilli paste, oil, asafoetida and salt and mix well.
- Apply a little oil on one side of each banana leaf.
- Place 2 greased banana leaves on a flat surface with the greased side facing upwards.
- Pour 2 tbsp of the batter on one banana leaf and cover with the other greased banana leaf with the greased side facing downwards.
- Press it gently to spread the batter evenly to make a thin layer.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the panki on both sides till light brown spots appear on the banana leaves and the panki in-between peels off the banana leaves easily.
- Repeat steps 4 to 7 to make 14 more pankis.
- Serve immediately with healthy green chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.