Chocolate Banana Cake
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 328 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 74257 times
The fruity sweetness of bananas and the intoxicating bitterness of cocoa are a made-for-each-other combination, especially when you team them up to make a dessert such as this! This irresistible Chocolate Banana Cake has an intense flavour of chocolate, which is further deepened by the addition of brown sugar. Ideal proportions of all other ingredients including flour, condensed milk, butter and cream result in a perfectly spongy texture too. Enjoy this cake warm with a cup of tea, or top it with a scoop of ice-cream and serve it for dessert!
- Sieve the plain flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder. Keep aside.
- Combine the melted butter, condensed milk, brown sugar, mashed banana and vanilla essence in a bowl and mix well with a spatula.
- Add the sieved flour mixture and fresh cream and fold gently. Keep aside.
- Grease a 175 mm. (7”) cake tin with melted butter, dust it with plain flour and sift to ensure uniform distribution of the flour. Shake and remove the excess flour.
- Pour the prepared batter into it and spread it evenly.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and demould it and serve warm.
Nutrient values per cake
|Vitamin A||4147.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||1.8 mg|
|Vitamin B2||1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||5.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||24 mg|
|Folic Acid||23.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.