Cheesy Onion Fingers
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 114 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18605 times
This cheesy and savoury snack is sure to be enjoyed by kids and adults alike, which makes it a great choice to serve as a starter at parties. Bread slices are topped with a crunchy-munchy topping of sautéed veggies and sauces, along with a dash of cheese too, and baked till perfectly crisp. The appetizing outcome is then cut into handy sized Cheesy Onion Fingers, which are sure to be relished thoroughly by all.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies and spring onion whites and greens and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cabbage and carrot and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli sauce, tomato ketchup, cheese and salt and mix well.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Arrange the bread slices on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Spread a portion of the stuffing and 1 tbsp of cheese evenly over each bread slice.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 to 7 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Cut each toast into 3 equal pieces vertically and serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values per finger
|Vitamin A||145.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||4.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.