oats bhel recipe | oats and poha bhel | healthy oats bhel |
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 67 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 58267 times
oats bhel recipe | oats and poha bhel | healthy oats bhel | with 15 amazing images.
oats bhel recipe is a healthy oats bhel. Made from oats, poha (beaten rice), onions, tomatoes, chutney, peanuts, anar and masala, oats and poha bhel is a perfect evening snack to have.
Who does not like to munch on bhel, the all-time favourite Indian roadside snack? The spectra of flavours and textures packed into a bowlful of bhel is truly mind-boggling and makes it a hot favourite with young and old alike.
We recreate the same wonderful experience in a healthier way, for kids to enjoy oats bhel as an after-school treat. Oats and poha are roasted till crisp and perked up with crunchy peanuts, tongue-tickling chutneys and juicy veggies in oats bhel.
Do not forget to add a dash of lemon juice as it is instrumental in boosting the flavours of the oats bhel.
You can also treat your kids to other healthy snacks like the Moong Sprouts Dosa and Multigrain Palak Paneer Roti.
Learn to make oats bhel recipe | oats and poha bhel | healthy oats bhel | with step by step photos below.
- To make oats bhel, combine the oats and poha in a broad non-stick pan and dry roast on a medium flame for 5 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in the same broad non-stick pan, add the peanuts and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the oats-poha mixture, turmeric powder and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and toss well.
- Serve the oats bhel immediately.
Oats Bhel Video, Healthy Snack for Kids by Tarla Dalal
Oats Bhel, Healthy Snack for Kids recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.