This category has been viewed 3981 times
Healthy Recipes > Home Remedies >
Home Remedies Anorexia recipes
Last Updated : Dec 29,2017
Anorexia is loss of appetite i.e. lack of interest in eating. This can cause weight loss and weakness.
What causes Anorexia?
•Emotional stress or depression
These natural remedies are sure to help perk up your appetite.
1. Mint (phudina): 1 to 2 tbsp of mint juice daily in the morning helps to increase your appetite. Try this Minty Honey Lemon Drink
2. Apple : The old saying "An apple a day, keeps the doctor away" stays true for anorexia individuals as apples aid in digestion and also boost your appetite.
3. Ajwain(carom seeds) : Swallowing 1 tsp of ajwain with or without water, 3 to 4 times a day is another remedy to enhance your appetite.
4. Asafoetida (hing): Two pinches of asafoetida mixed in 2 tsp of ghee when taken
before meals also helps to overcome anorexia.
5. Pineapple : Having a few pieces of pineapple sprinkled with salt and black pepper
helps to restore lost appetite, especially for kids.
6. Lemon : Equal quantities of lemon and ginger juice should be consumed every day
before meals to decrease anorexia.
| ||Foods to be Avoided for Anorexia |
|1. ||Tea and coffee |
|2. ||Aerated drinks and alcohol |
|3. ||Refined foods like refined flour, pasta, sugar and polished rice |
|4. ||Ready-to-eat foods like wafers, popcorn etc. |
|5. ||Canned and preserved foods |
Practical Tips for Enhancing Appetite
1. Eat in a relaxed and calm environment and make it a pleasurable experience and not a "task" that has to be completed.
2. Have frequent and small snacks that are healthy and are high in protein and calories. Try a filling shake or a bowl of soup like Carrot and Spinach Soup, if you don't feel like eating much.
3. Have variety in terms of colour and texture of food to be served. Present foods in a child-like fun way. Make sandwiches into interesting shapes or decorate fruits, breads and vegetables with interesting toppings.
4. Avoid drinking liquids at meal times as they can give a feeling of fullness causing you to eat less.
5. Have a walk before meals if possible. Fresh air often helps to perk up the appetite, as does a little activity.
Mini Nachni Pancake by Tarla Dalal
Don’t let the colour of ragi flour put you off, because this sumptuous Mini Nachni Pancake is a winner in all other aspects, including flavour, aroma and nutrition! Loaded with iron and calcium, these toothsome pancakes will help start your day on an energetic and exciting note. Remember however tha ....
Oats and Mixed Nuts Ladoo ( Healthy Laddu) by Tarla Dalal
A treat for the sweet tooth, the Oats and Mixed Nuts Ladoo is made with a nutritious combination of oats, jaggery and nuts.
You will love the intense flavour of jaggery, the mealy mouth-feel of powdered oats and the interludes of crunchy nuts.
This delicious tit-bit also scores a 10/10 o ....
Minty Apple Salad by Tarla Dalal
Just a look at this delightful salad is enough to boost your appetite, but even if that does not work, a cupful of it will undoubtedly help you fight Anorexia
A lovely combination of apple cubes dotted with peppy mint leaves, and laced wit ....
Ragi and Oat Crackers with Cucumber Dip by Tarla Dalal
There are some who vow by crackers, while there are others who find them dull. However, there is no divided opinion on this brilliant combination of Ragi and Oats Crackers with Cucumber Dip.
These light and wholesome crackers served with a refreshing curd-based dip make a great mid-afternoon sna ....
Apple Shake, Healthy Date and Apple Smoothie by Tarla Dalal
Apples and dates – these are stuff that we almost always have at home! In this amazingly simple but super tasty recipe, we pop these into the blender with some curds and a touch of vanilla to make a luscious Apple Shake that soothes your senses and pampers your palate.
For a tad more sweetness, ....
05 Nov 15
Carrot and Spinach Soup ( Home Remedies) by Tarla Dalal
A sumptuous soup that reflects the freshness of its ingredients, the Carrot and Spinach Soup presents the complementary flavours of carrots and spinach, perked up further with ingredients like onions and pepper.
The method of adding some of the ingredients like onions and spinach in sautéed fo ....
Minty Morning, Orange and Mint Juice by Tarla Dalal
This Orange and Mint Juice is a variation of the most popular breakfast juice of all time, the orange juice. It is sure to appeal to everyone's taste buds as well as health.
Oranges boost overall resistance due to their high vitamin C content and also stimulate the salivary glands thus aiding ....
Minty Honey Lemon Drink by Tarla Dalal
A perfect cuppa to have in the mornings, the Minty Honey Lemon Drink has a zesty flavour that shakes you awake. Having this refreshing drink nice and warm is not only very soothing, but also helps to break down fat and lose weight. Honey energises and lends you the strength you need in the morning, ....
Pineapple, Apple and Cucumber Juice by Tarla Dalal
An apple a day keeps the doctor away, they say. Team it with pineapple and you have a winning combo chock-full of energy, iron and vitamin C! Cucumber not only adds to the fluid content, but also balances the flavour well. All in all, the Pineapple, Apple and Cucumber juice is a great fruit-veg drin ....
Mashed Potatoes, Bland Food, Lactose Free by Tarla Dalal
Mashed Potatoes is an international favourite, and a comfort food for many. Its bland but pleasant taste and soothing texture make it a pick-me-up food, which is sure to lift your mood.
Although Mashed Potatoes is traditionally made with cream or butter, we have made a dairy-free version here, w ....
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.