Vegetable Curry In Tomato Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 176 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31510 times
This curry can be served both as a dal and as a subzi.
- Add 4 teacups of water to the tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
- When cooked, take out a thick puree by passing through a sieve.
- Cut the potatoes and the vegetables into big pieces.
- Heat the ghee and fry the mustard seeds and cumin seeds until they begin to crackle.
- Add the asafoetida and the gram flour and cook on a slow flame for at least 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, vegetables, curry leaves, green chillies, garam masala, paste and salt and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the veegetables are soft.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.