Spicy Kofta Kadhi ( Kadhi Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 310 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 51210 times
Kadhi without curds? if you are surprised, go ahead and try this recipe. This unusual recipe is created with a blend of tamarind water and besan spiced with a freshly-made paste.
The koftas are also distinctive as they use a different combination of vegetables such as brinjals and cabbage.
Serve hot with Butter Naan or Parathas .
- Combine all the ingredients along with 1 tbsp of water in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and shape each portion into a round ball.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and deep-fry, a few koftas at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, besan and 4 tbsp of water and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the tamarind water and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, bring the kadhi to boil, add the koftas to it, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with fresh cream and coriander.
Spicy Kofta Kadhi Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.