Vegetable and Yoghurt Kadhi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 253 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 78717 times
Simple kadhi morphs into a wholesome accompaniment with the addition of mixed vegetables. I have chosen light and common vegetables for the vegetable and yoghurt kadhi but you can experiment with others, depending on what you have on hand. Remember to stir the curds mixture in the beginning, or else it will separate.
- Combine the curds, besan and 1¼ cups of water in a bowl and whisk well till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander-cumin seeds powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the curds-besan mixture, mix well and bring to boil. Cook on a slow flame for 7 to 8 minutes, while stirring continuously for at least the first 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the mixed vegetables and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.