Spinach Kofta Kadhi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 589 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 50635 times
If you thought kadhi is a very simple, everyday dish, this recipe will make you realise just how versatile the seemingly humble kadhi really is. Depending on the spices and additions, like veggies, pakodis or koftas, kadhi can be absolutely simple or awesomely rich too!
Here, we have added spinach dumplings to the kadhi to make it special. Made of spinach and besan perked up with spices, the koftas have a wonderful taste and melt-in-the-mouth texture. They complement the yoghurt curry very well, making this a really satiating recipe.
You can serve it with hot rice and ghee, or yummy buttered rice .
- Combine the spinach, besan,salt, cumin seeds, chilli powder and soda bi-carb in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape into even-sized balls.
- Heat the oil in a deep-kadai and deep fry 4-5 koftas at a time till they are golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Remove and drain on absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds, besan ½ cup of water in a bowl and whisk well till no lumps remain.
- Add more ½ cup of water and whisk well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, curry leaves and fry again for few minutes.
- Add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the curds-besan mixture, salt, ginger - green chilli paste and turmeric powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the spinach koftas to the hot kadhi and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Spinach Kofta Kadhi Video by Tarla Dalal
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.