by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 245 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 52435 times
Another karela delicacy - an innovative calcium rich kadhi! Keep in mind however that the karelas must be well cooked before adding the curds and spices to remove most of its bitterness. Enjoy it unusual flavours.
- In a deep bowl, combine the curds, besan and 1½ cups of water, mix well and whisk till smooth and no lumps remain.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the bitter gourd and salt and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till they are soft.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste and the besan-curd-water mixture, mix well and bring to a boil, while once in between.
- Add the little salt and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve hot garnished with the chopped coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.