Sautéed Brinjal with Mushroom Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 66 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15513 times
Sautéed Brinjal with Mushroom Sauce is an exotic treat, which deserves to be a meal in its own right.
The brinjals, sautéed and seasoned with a dash of spices, goes very well with the creamy mushroom sauce and the tangy tomato sauce.
Together, the three components give you a very balanced taste and a pleasant interplay of tang and creaminess. The freshly-made tomato sauce also gives the dish a very vibrant flavour, with the unmistakeable role of herbs.
Assemble each serving separately as described in this recipe and not all together. Only then, each portion will have a proper balance of brinjal and sauces.
You can also try other interesting dishes like Mushroom Snack and Mushroom Balls .
- Combine the brinjal slices, chilli powder, pepper powder and salt in a deep bowl, mix well and cover it with a lid and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it with oil, arrange half the brinjal slices and cook using little oil on both the sides till golden brown in colour.
- Repeat step 2 to make 1 more batch. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a broad non-stick pan, add garlic and sauté on medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the onions and green chillies and sauté and on medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato pulp, red chilli, mixed herbs, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non- stick pan, add the mushrooms and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the white sauce, parsley, pepper powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Place 2 brinjal slices on a serving plate, pour ¼ cup of mushroom sauce and 2 tbsp of tomato sauce evenly over it.
- Repeat step 1 to make 3 more servings.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||562 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||20 mg|
|Folic Acid||32.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.