Recipes using Garam Masala, Ways to use garam masala in Indian cooking
recipes using garam masala | different ways to use garam masala in Indian cooking. Garam masala is a blend of various spices that is used mostly in Indian cooking. Even though the spices used are more or less the same, every family has its own different version or recipe that they use to make the masala. The spices that go into this spice blend are usually dry roasted before they are ground to enhance their flavor.
Garam masala is a blend that is used all over India, including the southern states. You can make Garam masala at home using our recipe or can even buy the store bought one but we promise you it does not compare to the fresh spices grinded at home!
Indian Sabzi Recipes using Garam Masala
As every Indian knows, this masala is most commonly used different types of subzis throughout India. Because of the spices we use in garam masala, it is ideal for almost all subzis as it provides a complexity in flavor. A few subzis made using garam masala are:
• Paneer Makhani – This classic, even though a Punjabi delicacy, is eaten all around the world and is everyone’s favorite. Made with lots of butter and lots of love, it’s a must for people who want an introduction to Indian food.
Paneer Makhani Recipe
• Mirchi ka salan – this is a dish from the southern part of India. It is a subzi made with less spicy chillies with a gravy made of peanuts, tamarind pulp, coriander seeds, coconut, garlic and many other spices that makes it delectable.
• Pindi Chole – This is the most famous Punjabi dish known across the globe. Even though the flavors seem super complex and intense, this dish is fairly simple to make. The garam masala helps in giving it this intense taste.
Pindi Chole, Punjabi Pindi Chana Recipe
Indian Snack Recipes using Garam Masala
Since it is such a unique blend of spices, it can also be used to flavor different types of snacks or chaats. This will not only make it taste unique but will also make the recipes easier as it is just one masala for a power punch of flavor.
• Paneer Rolls – This snack has an amazing crispy texture from the outside but a soft crumbly texture from the inside. It has the spiciness from the garam masala but a little tang from the amchur powder which elevates its flavor all the more.
• Veg Frankie – Frankie is one of the most popular street food of Mumbai! There many types and flavors but the classic veg Frankie never goes out of trend because of the unique taste that garam masala gives to the filling!
Veg Frankie, Mumbai Roadside Recipe
• Aloo Bhujia – The ultimate Indian dry snack! This is a deep fried snack that looks like sev and is made with dough of mashed potatoes, besan, rice flour and many masalas including garam masala. This homemade version is as good as the market one so definitely try it out.
Innovative recipes using Garam masala
We, of course, use garam masala in many dishes which are predominantly Indian. Due to the versatility of the spice powder, we can also use it in different ways to give certain recipes the Indian touch.
• Masala Bread Loaf – Add a twist to the regular old white bread and make this masala bread loaf! Flavored with garlic, spices and garam masala, this can be enjoyed at tea time or you can even make a sandwich out of this!
Masala Bread Loaf
• Cheese Paratha – This is an all-time favorite for all the cheese lovers out there! The addition of a little garam masala to the filling elevates the taste and gives it that kick of spice. It can be enjoyed with a side of soup or salad.
• Spicy Paneer Burger – The paneer cutlet features a blend of Indian spices that brings a unique taste to the burger. That, along with a mint chutney, is the ideal combination for a perfect senday lunch.
Spicy Paneer Burger
We hope you liked our recipes using garam masala | different ways to use garam masala in Indian cooking.
Some popular recipes using garam masala below.