Paneer Makhani Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1949 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 336423 times
A favourite with most people while eating out at any Punjabi restaurant! paneer makhani as the name suggests is a very rich subzi from the lap of Punjab.
It uses one of Punjabi cuisines most loved ingredients butter. In traditional Punjabi houses, the women folk make pure white butter from thick creamy milk.
The liquid that is left over after the butter has been removed is very delicious and cooling and makes a tasty drink.
Soft paneer chunks are dunked into a rich tomato based gravy, a must try for all paneer lovers! Serve with rotis or parathas.
Enjoy how to make Paneer Makhani recipe with detailed step by step photos.
- Combine all the ingredients along with 1½ cups of water in a deep kadhai and boil on a high flame for 10 to 15 minutes or till the tomatoes are soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth mixture. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep kadhai, add the garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bayleaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few more seconds.
- Add the dried fenugreek leaves, garam masala, tomato purée, prepared gravy and salt, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the curds, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add the sugar, ¼ cup of water, paneer and cream, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh cream.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.