Lachha Paratha, Punjabi Soft Flaky Lachha Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 538 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60471 times
A multi-layered, crisp paratha that is truly irresistible! The Laccha Paratha is generally considered tricky to make, and if you can prepare it well, you are considered an expert cook! Not to worry, the seemingly difficult plain flour paratha will be completely under your control after you try this recipe. Just follow the proportions and instructions meticulously, and prepare the table to enjoy a delicious meal of crispy, flaky Laccha Parathas with your favourite subzi and Pickles.
Try with Palak Raita, Mint Raita,.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Knead again and divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a 200 mm. (7") diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Place a rolled portion on a clean, dry surface, spread 2 tsp of the prepared paste evenly over it and place another rolled portion over it.
- Repeat step 4 to make 3 more layers.
- Roll it up tightly from one end to the other and cut into 5 equal portions.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 with the remaining dough to make 5 more portions.
- Flatten one portion in between your palms and again roll into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- 10. Repeat steps 8 and 9 to make 9 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.