Last Updated : Jan 25,2021
Viewed 79281 times
What is Tomato Puree? Tomato Puree comes handy to many dishes. To prepare tomato purée, ripe tomatoes are washed and the leaves and stem are removed. Some processors remove the skin of the tomato as well. It can be blanched or unblanched- individual choice. However, blanching will help to loosen the skin and also partially cook to preserve color and flavor. Use a blender or processor to blend to a smooth puree. It should resemble a pourable puree. If it is very thick, add a little water. Now you have a delicious tomato puree.
How to Select Tomato Puree Tomato puree, made of cooked tomatoes, is available in tetra packs or canned in most food stores and is used to add flavor and body to sauces. However, fresh tomato puree is easy and convenient to make and a much better healthy option too.
6 Uses of Tomato Puree 1. The most basic use of Tomato Purée is to make sauces and dips. It is used to make Italian Sauces like Pizza sauce and also Basic Tomato Cream sauce for pasta. Hot and Sweet sauce is a perfect dip to be served with french fries and other wraps and is simply made by combining tomato puree with sugar, salt and vinegar.
2. Tomato purée can be used in soups, stews or any other dish where the tangy tomato flavor is desired, but not the texture of the chopped tomatoes like Bean and Pasta Soup, cucumbers, bell peppers and scallions together in a food processor and season with herbs and spices of your choice to make the refreshing cold soup, gazpacho.
3. Pureed tomatoes are often called for in marinades too, like in Chatakedar Paneer, to coat the vegetable well so that it absorbs the flavor.
4. It can be used to form gravies in casserole type or baked dishes like Baked Kidney Beans in Alfredo Sauce.
5. Adding puree to Punjabi subzis elevates the dish with a slight tanginess and gives a very smooth gravy to it.
6. It is also added to rice to give it an extraordinary taste and coat it evenly.
How to Store Tomato Puree To preserve nutrient quality and taste, store tomato juice in the freezer not more than a week. Though advisable to use fresh, however left over or extra can be kept in tightly closed containers in the refrigerator. Use as desired and then immediately refrigerate the closed container after every use.
Health Benefits of tomato puree1. Free radicals in the body can be flushed out with high levels of Lycopene, and freshly made tomato puree is so amply loaded with this vital anti-oxidant that it actually derives its rich redness from the nutrient.
2. Lycopene can be found in tomato puree which is best in a concentrated form.
3. Tomato puree extract contains a mix of potent antioxidants including lycopene, beta-carotene, vitamin E and various other phytonutrients.
4. It has been associated with lowering blood pressure and boosting immune function.
5. Tomato puree is rich in Vitamin C, which is known for its immune enhancing properties.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.