Baked Kidney Beans with Alfredo Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 102 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35894 times
A chunky, cheesy delight that is sure to bowl you over! Baked Kidney Beans with Alfredo Sauce features tortillas packed with a fabulously peppy stuffing of kidney beans, chunky veggies and sauces, and laced with creamy Alfredo Sauce.
Alfredo Sauce seems similar to continental white sauce, but it has a different texture and even flavour because of the inclusion of cheese. The packed tortillas are placed in a bed of Alfredo Sauce, topped with more sauce and cheese, and baked till it all fuses together into one irresistible treat! Enjoy it right off the oven for the best flavour and texture.
Baked Kidney Beans with Alfredo Sauce is a satisfying One Dish Meal , but if you wish you can team it up with with a bowl of Cream Of Carrot Soup and Mexican Fried Rice .
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, capsicums, mixed herbs and green chillies, mix well and sauté on medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée, ½ cup water and salt, cover the pan with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rajma, tabasco sauce, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes ,while stirring occasionally.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cheese, salt and pepper and mix well. Keep aside.
- Divide the kidney beans mixture into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Place a tortilla on a clean, dry surface, place a portion of the kidney bean mixture at one end, put approx. 2 tsp of alfredo sauce evenly over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat step 2 to stuff 3 more tortillas. Keep aside.
- Put ¼ cup of alfredo sauce in a glass baking dish and spread it evenly, place the 4 stuffed tortillas over it, spread the remaining ¼ cup of alfredo sauce evenly over it.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||383.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||30.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.