Masala Masoor Dal ( Zero Oil Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 62 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39528 times
Masoor, a very nutritious lentil, is also very pleasing to the palate. Cooked in well-chosen spices, this dal is not only tasty and zero-oil but also brims with protein, iron and folic acid. It goes well with cooked rice. Soaking masoor dal overnight not only reduces the cooking time but also makes it easily digestible.
- Heat the pressure cooker, add the masoor dal in a pressure cooker, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick kadhai on a medium flame and when hot, add the cumin seeds and bayleaf and dry roast on a slow flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and dry roast on a slow flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and the ginger-garlic paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the turmeric powder, garam masala and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared dal, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well till no lumps remain and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the lemon juice and coriander and mix well. Serve hot.
Masala Masoor Dal Video (Zero Oil Recipe) Video by Tarla Dalal's Team
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.