How many calories does one serving of Gobi Kasuri have?
One serving of Gobi Kasuri gives 185 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 50 calories, proteins account for 27 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 98 calories. One serving of Gobi Kasuri provides about 9 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Gobi Kasuri recipe. A dish that's truly remarkable and a must try for all lovers of Punjabi food. Using Kasuri methi instead of the regularly used fresh methi gives this dish its unique flavour.
The bitter taste of the kasuri methi is reduced when it is soaked in water. Methi plays a very important part in kitchens in the Punjab especially in winter. Bright green peas add a lovely green colour and yummy flavour to this subzi.
Is Gobi Kasuri healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Cauliflower (gobi) : Cauliflower is extremely low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. One cup Cauliflower provides you 100% off your daily recommended allowance of Vitamin C. Rich in Antioxidant. Being rich in Indoles, Cauliflower and other Cruciferous Vegetables like broccoli, kale, radish, brussel sprouts, red cabbage) maintain Estrogen balances which is crucial for women. Read here for detailed benefits of cauliflower.
2. Milk and Low Fat Milk : 1 cup of milk provides 70% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Calcium. Milk promotes strong bones. The Calcium in Milk helps to protect your teeth against gum disease and keeps your jaw bone strong and healthy. Milk is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. One cup of Milk gives 10 grams of carbs. Low fat milk has lower fat and the same benefits of milk.
3. Green Peas : Green peas are good for weight loss, good source of vegetarian protein, has insoluble fibre to relieve constipation. Legumes like green peas, cow peas, mung, chick peas and kidney beans have a cholesterol lowering effect. Green Peas are rich in Vitamin K which aids in bone metabolism. Is green peas good for diabetics and see full benefits of green peas.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Gobi Kasuri ?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Issues are with usage of full fat milk and sugar. You can try this recipe by using low fat milk and removing the sugar.
Here are some very healthy sabzis like dahi bhindi ki sabzi recipe, mooli ki sabzi recipe, bhindi masala recipe which work for all.
Mooli ki Subzi
Can healthy individuals have Gobi Kasuri ?
Gobi Kasuri is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
3. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
4. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 185 calories that come from Gobi Kasuri?
Walking (6 kmph) = 56 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 19 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 25 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 32 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.