Gobi Kasuri, How To Make Gobi Kasuri Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 61 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21515 times
A dish that's truly remarkable and a must try for all lovers of Punjabi food. Using Kasuri methi instead of the regularly used fresh methi gives this dish its unique flavour.
The bitter taste of the kasuri methi is reduced when it is soaked in water. Methi plays a very important part in kitchens in the Punjab especially in winter. Bright green peas add a lovely green colour and yummy flavour to this subzi.
You can serve this dry subzi with Parathas , Rice and popular Punjabi dals like Dal Amritsari or Rajma Curry .
- Combine the dried fenugreek leaves and 2 cups of water in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside to soak for 30 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in deep non-stick pan, add the soaked dried fenugreek leaves and milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes or till the mixture becomes completely dry, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cauliflower, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green peas, garam masala and dried mango powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.