by Tarla Dalal
Added to 283 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 288225 times
Bhindi Masala always brings to mind a yummy dish, literally floating in oil! Free yourself from the calorie scare with this innovative zero-oil recipe for Bhindi Masala.
Despite not having any oil, your favourite dish is as tasty as ever, as the bhindi is stuffed with a mouth-watering mixture of spices and spice powders. A generous amount of coriander is added to the stuffing mix, to get a really invigorating flavour!
As this recipe has no oil, you have to be careful when cooking the ladies finger, as they might get burnt if you don't turn them over at the right time.
With its awesome taste and texture, this oil-free Bhindi Masala is a wonderful way to top up on folic acid, which is crucial for healthy brain functioning.
Enjoy it hot and fresh with rotis or parathas . Try to have it immediately, and avoid reheating, as the bhindi might get dry.
- Combine all the ingredients and 2 tbsp of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the besan and mix well. Keep aside.
- Wash, dry and slit the bhindi lengthwise.
- Stuff each bhindi with a little prepared paste. Keep the remaining paste aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), place half the stuffed bhindis over it and spread half of the remaining paste. Cover it with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn the bhindis over and cook on a slow flame for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 1 more batch.
- Serve immediately with rotis or parathas.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 66 cal|
|Protein|| 2.6 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 11.4 gm|
|Invisible Fat|| 1.1 gm|
|Fiber|| 2.9 gm|
|Folic Acid|| 44.2 mcg|
|Calcium|| 77.0 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.