by Tarla Dalal
Added to 161 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 87224 times
An elaborate masala of sesame, coconut and coriander together with other spices and powders is at the heart of this mouth-watering preparation of fresh ladies finger. Small and tender okras are stuffed with this aromatic masala and cooked with a tempering of asafoetida. Cover and cook the stuffed okras, stirring occasionally, till they become tender. You will notice that the masala also gets cooked along with the vegetable, giving the Bhindi Sambhariya a very appetizing aroma! With its traditional and timeless appeal, this Gujarati delicacy can be served at any occasion, with any meal.
- Wash and cut the ladies finger into 50 mm. (2") pieces and slit lengthwise carefully, so that the segments do not separate.
- Fill each ladies finger with a little of the prepared filling and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the asafoetida.
- Add the stuffed ladies finger and mix well.
- Cover and cook on a medium flame for 15 to 20 minutes or till the ladies finger is cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
- You can also add 2 tbsp of coarsely ground peanuts to the filling.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.