Tofu Stuffed Bhindi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 35 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28494 times
A bhindi curry, which becomes rather exotic-thanks to the interesting grated tofu stuffing. The onions are grated to give a smooth texture to the gravy. If made as a sukhi (dry) subzi by simply cooking in oil without the masala, it makes for a great snack too.
- Wash, dry and slit the ladies fingers lengthwise. Keep aside.
- Stuff each ladies finger with a little stuffing. Keep aside.
- Heat 1½ tablespoons of soya oil in a kadhai, add the ladies fingers and cook until slightly soft. Remove the ladies fingers and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining ½ tablespoon soya oil in the same kadhai, add the onions and sauté till the onions turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, chilli powder and 1 tablespoon of water and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, garam masala and salt and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle a little water, add the sautéed ladies fingers and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.