Dahi Bhindi ki Subji
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 86% LIKED IT
6 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 543 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 191805 times
Here's a great way to enjoy a Rajasthani delicacy that is simply sumptuous and low in calories. Choose young and tender bhindis for this recipe that will cook quickly. Above all, the rich and fascinating aroma is so tempting that you won't feel that you're eating low calorie food.
- Steam the bhindi for 5 to 7 minutes till soft. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds, coriander powder, chilli powder, gram flour and salt with 2 tablespoons of water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curd mixture and steamed bhindi and bring to a boil. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with the coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vit A||86.5 mcg|
|Vit C||7.0 mg|
|F. Acid||46.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.