Tasty Shami Kebabs
by Nandini Mitra
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4071 times
Now vegetarians can also enjoy Shammi Kebabs. Soya granules an excellent natural source of soy proteins, is used as meat substitute to make this vegetarian version of Shammi Kebab. Soya granules and Chana dal are ground together with whole spices, shaped into kebabs and deep-fried. The chana dal helps hold the kebab together. Serve with salad and mustard sauce or minty green chutney.
- Soak the soya granules in water for 10 mins.
- Squeeze out the water and put in a pressure cooker.
- Wash the chana dal add into the cooker, add all the ingredients, except breadcrumbs and plain flour and mix well.
- Add enough water and pressure cook till the water evaporates.
- Grind it smooth when cool in a food processor or grinding stone
- Now mix enough water to the maida to make a batter.
- Take small balls from the soya paste shape into flat kababs
- Dip each kabab in the maida batter and roll in the breadcrumb
- Deep fry in hot oil till light brown and crisp.
- Serve with salad and mustard sauce.
This recipe was contributed by Nandini Mitra on 23 Aug 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.