Spicy Mango Pickle
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 195 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38188 times
This is a very simple recipe, which goes well with most parathas and vegetables .
You can make it spicier if you like, by adding some more chilli powder. I have used Rajapuri mangoes which are a large variety of raw mangoes and extensively used for mango pickles. But you can use any variety of raw mangoes, if they are not available.
- Combine 2 tsp salt, turmeric powder and raw mangoes in a deep bowl and mix well. Cover it with a lid and keep aside for 30 minutes. Drain and discard the mango water.
- Heat the mustard oil in a broad non-stick pan till it is smoking hot. (approx. 1 minute). Keep aside to cool slightly till the oil is warm.
- Once the oil is warm, add the nigella seeds and fennel seeds and mix well. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Once it is cooled completely, combine the drained raw mango, red marinade and mustard oil mixture in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the remaining 2 tsp of salt and mix well.
- Store refrigerated in an air-tight container and use as required.
Spicy Mango Pickle by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.