chapati rolls stuffed with potatoes recipe | rotis stuffed with potatoes | phulka stuffed with green peas and potatoes |
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 302 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 231050 times
chapati rolls stuffed with potatoes recipe | rotis stuffed with potatoes | phulka stuffed with green peas and potatoes | with 36 amazing images.
aloo stuffed chapati roll is a delicious and easy-to-make Indian snack that is perfect for any occasion. Learn how to make chapati rolls stuffed with potatoes recipe | rotis stuffed with potatoes | phulka stuffed with green peas and potatoes |
Here, this winning combo of rotis stuffed with potatoes that comes together handy. A stuffing of potatoes and peas, flavoured with spice powders and lemon juice, is tightly rolled up inside chapatis and then cooked on a tava until they are golden brown to make a satiating and convenient snack.
aloo stuffed chapati rolls are a great way to satisfy your hunger without the guilt. So next time you are looking for a delicious and easy-to-make Indian snack, give chapati rolls stuffed with potatoes a try. This is also a great way to make use of leftover chapatis.
Pro tips for chapati rolls stuffed with potatoes: 1. Use fresh made chapatis or they will break during rolling if made the previous night. 2. You can make 1 1/2 cups mashed boiled potatoes the previous night and store in the fridge. 3. If you are serving it to kids for their tiffin box then reduce the spice in the potato stuffing.
Enjoy chapati rolls stuffed with potatoes recipe | rotis stuffed with potatoes | phulka stuffed with green peas and potatoes |
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), cook the chapatis using a little oil till both sides turn light brown in colour.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 7 more chapatis. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger paste, green chillies and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, green peas, chaat masala, garam masala, dry mango powder, coriander, lemon juice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- To make chapati rolls stuffed with spicy potatoes, divide the spicy potato and green pea stuffing into 8 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Place a portion of the spicy potato and green pea stuffing at one end, top it with 1 tbsp of cheese evenly over it.
- Roll it up tightly.
- Heat a non stick tava and grease it using 1/2 tsp oil and place few rolls at a time and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes till golden brown from all the sides, using little oil for cooking.
- Repeat steps 2 and 4 to make 7 more wraps. Cut it diagonally into half.
- Serve the chapati rolls stuffed with spicy potatoes immediately.
Chapati Rolls Stuffed with Spicy Potatoes recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roll
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.