Ragi Roti ( Gluten Free Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35418 times
While not universally popular, ragi abounds in iron and calcium which helps to build haemoglobin and strengthen bones. Spring onions, carrots and green chilli paste add crunch and flavour to these ragi rotis.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft, smooth dough using enough water. Keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Knead again using oil till smooth and divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a circle of 125 mm (5") diameter, using a little ragi flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each roti using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Serve immediately.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, add 2 tbsp of rice flour and enough water to make a batter of pouring consistency and continue to make dosas.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.