Mooli Subzi, Maharashtrian Mooli Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5774 times
This is an excellent subzi, which is also very easy and quick to make. All you need to do is cook grated radish in boiling water for a few minutes, and then sauté it with a couple of common, everyday ingredients like ginger, green chillies and curds.
The naturally pungent taste of radish is accentuated by the simple ingredients used in this dish making it truly lip-smacking.
Despite the richness of taste and aroma, this Maharashtrian dish has a homely feel about it, and you will find it to be a perfect match for phulkas and rotis of all kinds.
You can also try other mooli recipes like Mooli Muthia and Mooli Moong Dal .
- Boil enough water with salt in a deep non-stick pan, add the radish, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Drain the mixture.
- Squeeze out all the excess water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the curds, green chilli paste, garlic paste and ginger paste and sauté on a slow flame for 1 minute.
- Add the radish, turmeric powder and little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.