Ragi Roti Stuffed with Paneer
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9878 times
The humble Ragi Roti turns into an awesome snack in this recipe! Here, the rotis are lined with peppy chutneys, and rolled up with exciting fillings like spiced paneer cubes and crunchy onions.
You have to take care to knead the ragi roti dough till it is really soft and pliable. The rotis also need to be rolled by hand using a little more flour for dusting.
You must also serve the Ragi Roti Stuffed with Paneer immediately after preparation, while the roti is still soft and the onions are crunchy. After a while, both tend to lose their original texture.
You can also try other recipes using ragi flour like Ragi and Oat Crackers , Nachni Ladoos and Ragi and Coriander Uttapa .
- Combine the paneer cubes, tandoori masala, chaat masala, dried fenugreek leaves, nachni flour and salt and toss well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the marinated paneer mixture, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, chaat masala, garam masala and little salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the nachni flour and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Knead again and add more water if needed to make a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Place a portion of the dough on a rolling board and using your palms and fingers pat it to make 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle using a little nachni flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each circle, on a medium flame, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Keep aside.
- Place a nachni roti on a clean, dry surface, put little of the chutney evenly over it.
- Place a few paneer filling evenly over one side of the roti.
- Top it with little of the onion filling evenly over it.
- Roll it up tightly cut into 2 equal pieces.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 to make 5 more wraps.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per stuffed roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.